Encouraging a new age of bilingual storytellers. All levels of Irish speakers welcome.
Starting October 12th, Áine Gallagher will pilot her new workshop series to develop skills in bilingual storytelling for participants. This four part workshop series is ideal for anyone with an interest to practice and develop their own Irish language skills but may lack the confidence to do so.
Each workshop will begin as Áine uses her skills in comedy and shares her own stories and anecdotes related to the highs and lows of language learning. These stories will set the theme for each workshop as participants are then encouraged to explore and share their own stories in a group setting. A bilingual method of communication will be maintained throughout groups and participants can engage at the level that they are comfortable with.
Participants can expect:
- To engage in a fun, friendly and accessible experience with the Irish language
- To gain confidence by listening to and relating to the experiences of others
- To engage in opportunities to practise speaking Irish
- To engage in workshop exercises and develop skills in bilingual storytelling
- To benefit from group discussions and learn about the common realities of language learning
- To develop confidence and skills to present a story at a public showcase event
*Please note, participants should not expect this to be Irish language classes. Groups will focus on practising what they know in a fun setting, sharing stories and gaining confidence.
Dates and times:
October 12th 7pm – 8.30pm
October 19th 7pm – 8.30pm
October 26th 7pm – 8.30pm
November 2nd 7pm – 8.30pm
This is a pilot workshop series and hence, participants are invited to donate what they can for attendance. A donation of €50 is suggested.
There will be a final showcase event on the evening of November 4th. At this event, participants will be facilitated to share one of their stories that has emerged throughout the series of the groups. It will be fun and terrifying, but mainly fun!!!